Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Middle is the Best Part

I try to make sure my middle child doesn't get lost in the crowd of having an older sibling and younger sibling.  The oldest always gets special attention because everything she does is new and she gets to do everything first.  And then the baby sibling is always ooohed and ahhhed over because she is "the baby" and the last one we will ever get to see do this or that, like starting kindergarten and such.   I have heard so many times how the middle child sometimes feels like they never get enough attention and it affects them personally.  So since my middle child has been, well, "the middle child", I have always told her that the middle is the best part.  She didn't get it until I told her, "You know, like the middle part of an Oreo cookie is the best part.  It wouldn't be that great without the middle."  Now, her and I often think of things where the middle is the best part and she feels really special being the middle child :)

No comments:

Post a Comment